Curriculum Vitae – CV –
Mrs MP Cecilia Widegren
The first female member of the Swedish Parliament in
The Moderate Party Skaraborg’s history.
– Personal elected Member of the Swedish Parliament for the third time.
9,30 % or 3 402 personal votes, which is the most personal votes out of
the 87 MP: s Moderate Party parliamentary Group.
– Personal elected member of Vara City Council for the fourth time.
- Year of birth: 1973
- Lives: On a horse ranch in Norra Vanga, Vara,Skaraborg,Sweden
- Spare time:Reading, sailing, travel, adventures, dance and riding
- Runs the Stable Hoberg-Kanani, owns and rides horses
- Person elected member of Parliament, Swedish Parliament 2002–Present
- Spokesperson for the Moderate party in Social Welfare issues 2014-Present
- Member, National Board of Legal advice 2009-Present
- Chairman Defence Commission, appointed by the Swedish Government 2012-Present
- Majority leader and Deputy Chair, Defense Committee, Swedish Parliament, 2010–2014
- Group leader Alliance Government and Deputy Chairman in The Parliamentary Defense Committee 2010–2014
- Chairman, Swedish NATO delegation 2012–2014
- Person elected member, Vara City Council 2002 – Present
- Foreign Advisory Council, Replacement 2010–2014
- Member, Moderates of Trustees 2008 – Present
- Nordic Council, Replacement 2002 – Present
- Member, Swedish NATO delegation 2010 – 2012
- Member and Group leader for the Moderate party in The Social Committee, 2006 –2010
- Spokesperson for the Moderate party in social welfare issues, 2006 – 2010
- Member, replacement in the parliamentary Finance, Treasure and Environment and Agriculture Committee, 2002-2010
- Spokesperson for the Moderate Party in animal welfare issues, – 2010
- Member, Västra Gotalands Region/Advisory Council, 2002 – 2010
- Group leader Moderaterna i Västra Götaland 1998 – 2002
- Deputy Chairman, Regional Board Vastra Gotaland 2000 – 2002
- Member, The Moderate Party Executive Board 1999 – 2002
- Member, Regional Board of Vastra Gotaland 1999 – 2002
- Chairman, Regional Board Vastra Gotaland 1998 – 2000
- Member, The Moderate Party provincial board Skaraborg 1995 – 2011
- Member and Deputy Chairman (also member of the Swedish Young Conservatives national board), Swedish Young Conservatives School Committee 1992 – 1994
- Member, National Board of Legal Advice 2009 – Present
- Member, Agriculture’s Board of Directors 2005 – 2007
- Member, Swedish Water and Air Research 2002 – 2005
- Member, West Sweden 2000 – 2002
- Diploma,Hawaii Pacific University,USA 1997-98
- Political Master Program, University of Linkoping, Sweden, 1994-97
- Economics,Katedralskolan Skara, Sweden, High-School Graduated 1993
- High-School Graduated,Kingsburg,California,USA, high school Diploma 1991
- Scholarship High School studies for Rotary International 1990-91
- Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarship For university studies including full boarding, 1997-98
- Federal Secretary Moderate Women 1995-97. Also political secretary for MP Gullan Lindblad
- Election Officer 1994-95, The Moderate Party Skaraborg
- Editor newspaper Skaraborgs-Reflex 1991-96
- Tenant Kinnekulle Observation Tower 1991-94
- Tourist Manager, Rejmyre, Ostergotland 1989-1990
- Clerk, summer temp, Rejmyre Glasbruk, Ostergotland 1987-88
BOOKS AND PUBLICATIONS
- “The stone in the hand of the strong”. A book that criticizes and investigates civilian disobedience. 1995, written by Fredrik Reinfeldt, Prime Minister, Party Chair Moderate Party, Per Schlingmann, Cecilia Widegren and Peter Samuelsson
- Other publications;
– Frequent writer in daily newspapers, week magazines and tray journals
– Reports in magazines such Ridsport, Elle, Veckorevy, Socionomen, Dagens Medicin, Ny Teknik, Equipage, Hennes, Hastmagazinet, Vart Forsvar etc.
- Award and medal from The American honorary League, Pi Sigma Alpha National Honor Society for university studies, 1998
- Award and medal from NEA – The National Political Science Honor Society, for university studies, 1998.
- Rotary International, Paul Harries Fellow award and medal obtained for operations as Ambassador in The United States of America, June the 6th 1998.
- Awarded; Marine Commando West/Fo 32 medal of honor for valuable contributions to the Swedish West Coast Defence, 1999.
RANKED in so called POWER LIST
- Dagens Medicins yearly Top 100 list over Swedish healthcare’s most powerful representatives, year 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007, 2008, 2009 place: 10, 2010.
- Magazine Hippsons yearly top 50 list over the Swedish horse industries most powerful representatives in 2011. Newcomer on place 30, as a result of The Moderate Party development project “Without the horse Sweden will stop” www.moderat.se/hast
- Languages Swedish (primary), English
- As Majority leader and deputy chair Ms. Widegren is the main spokesperson for the Alliance Government on the Committee. Sweden is now implementing a far-reaching defense reform and a new security policy in which expeditionary operations play an important role both in peace enforcing operations and in shaping new public attitudes on multilateral operations and common security. As Chairman for the Defence Committé Ms. Widegren is important in leading the process.
FOLLOW CECILIAS WORK
- http://www.riksdagen.se/sv/ledamoter-partier/Hitta-ledamot/Ledamoter/Widegren-Cecilia-0893004490313/ (Work in Parliament)
- Facebook & Twitter (www.twitter.com/widegrencecilia)
- Address: Riksdagen
S-100 12 Stockholm, Sweden
Telephone: +46-8 786 40 00
Fax: +46-511 347 808